Summer Learning Camp
FSSD's 2021 Summer Learning Camps (SLC) are Closed. Stay tuned for information on the 2022 SLCs in spring.
The FSSD is offering a Summer Learning Camp (grades 1 – 4) and a Learning Loss Bridge Camp (grades 5 – 8) from June 1-June 24, 2021. Both camps will be free and housed at Franklin Elementary School, 1501 Figuers Dr. These camps are thanks to the Tennessee Learning Loss Remediation and Student Acceleration Act, which legislated the creation of summer learning camps to provide additional summer learning opportunities that are essential to accelerate students’ educational growth and ensure that all children have the opportunity to reach their goals and dreams.
Camp details include:
- Camp hours are 8:30a.m.-2:30p.m.
- There will be six hours of daily programming in both camps.
- Daily programming must include four hours of reading and math instruction (with at least one hour of this block dedicated to math and at least one hour for reading), one hour of intervention, and one hour of physical activity or “play.” Instruction will be provided in a casual and fun format by a licensed and endorsed teacher.
- Middle school students assigned to "summer school" will attend the Learning Loss Bridge Camp.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- FSSD will provide bus transportation for students.
- If a student attends a summer learning camp, he/she will have access to MAC care (MAC fees will apply).
In accordance with Tennessee Learning Loss Remediation and Student Acceleration Act, registration opened first to priority students. If you did not complete the survey, but are interested in one or both of the summer learning camps, please contact your child/ren’s school for placement on the wait list.