Director of Schools
David L. Snowden, Ph. D.
Director of Schools
The Franklin Special School District includes a broad program of educational services designed to meet the needs of all of our children. We are committed to providing our students learning opportunities that recognize individual differences in an environment that affirms self-worth. Each individual is valued and respected. Our goal is to challenge every child to achieve excellence.
Good schools are central to strong communities. We believe it is very important to maintain strong ties with our business community, build strong relationships within our school-community, and actively engage our parents in the education of our children.
As a district, we are committed to excellence in teaching and learning for all. As a community of learners, we invite you to visit our site often and look forward to sharing the Franklin Special School District story with you.
Dr. Mary Decker serves as the FSSD Associate Director of Schools for Teaching and Learning. The Teaching and Learning Department serves all district needs as it relates to student learning and employee professional development through the following departments:
- Federal Programs (Title I, II, III, Homeless, Migrant)
- Instructional Technology
- Professional Learning
- Reading Coordinator
- Response to Intervention (RTI) Facilitator (Academic and Behavioral Support)
- Special Populations (Special Education, Gifted Education, Section 504)
- Student Performance (Assessments and Outcomes)
- Student Support Services (Early Childhood, English Learners, Counselors, Social Workers)
Dr. David Esslinger is the FSSD Associate Director for Finance and Administration. The Finance and Administration area serves all needs related to district personnel, facilities, equipment and resources. development. The Finance and Administration Departments include:
- Accounting and Payroll
- Coordinated School Health
- Extended Care (MAC and WeeMAC)
- Food Services
- Human Resources
- Health Services (Nursing)